Saturday, March 5, 2011

POSTING POSTS FOR OUR BLOG

One of the members of our group, wonderful Jamie A., created this blog spot for us! How exciting! Hopefully, we can get followers so that you guys can get the information for our meetings. I would also like to use this as a place for us to post links, messages, resources, etc. Anything to help you along your journey as mothers raising Catholic children in a single parent home. So, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Diana. I was a single mother for 14 years. Never married. (I am now married. God has blessed me, mercifully blessed me, with a wonderful spousal love.) I want to use this blog to reach back and out to our members to share stories and insight that may be able to guide others as they are raising their children alone. I believe I have some God-given wisdom about raising Catholic children in a single parent home. And if I have ANY wisdom about being divorced, it is only because of the wonderful women of Talitha Koum, who I am blessed to call friends. They have taught me more about grace, strength, and wisdom in the midst of divorce that no book could ever teach me!  So in these posts I will attempt to cover all the bases about the issues you confront with the help and input of my friends as we go along. My new favorite quote is "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" (Frederick Douglas). It is NOT easy to build strong children, but oh what a tragedy and time it is to repair them when they are older and broken. So let's work together to 'build strong children' so that we don't have to watch them be repaired later.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister! Here's to raising strong children and not broken ones!!

    ReplyDelete